High Street Security Officer
Job Description and Person Specification
Salary: £13,603.00 to £14,040.00 /year
If you are the person that the Northfield BID is looking for and want to be part of the Northfield BID Team, then please take a look at the role of Northfield BID High Street Security Officer....
Main purposes of job
• The purpose for the post is to “foot” patrols the BID area daily, to provide a helpful, welcoming and informative face to face service to businesses & visitors to Northfield Town Centre.
• To advocate and promote the retail radio scheme within the BID area.
• To work with other security personnel (employed by individual Northfield BID businesses) to address areas of concern relating to security and safety of the town centre, traders and visitors.
• To protect the town centre and deter crime and anti-social behaviour.
• Visiting BID businesses to provide reassurance and safe and wellbeing checks.
• Keep accurate records of daily activity whilst on patrol
• Responding to BID business owners/managers in addressing their business crime and safety issues of concern.
• Working with our local businesses, other security personnel, Northfield Shopping Centre and West Midlands Police to assist in reducing crime and anti-social behaviour.
• To provide a high level of customer service to all our BID levy payers, stakeholders and customers.
• To provide support for all BID funded events.
Role to be supervised by Northfield BID Operations Support Officer
[Please note: This is a physically active role. The post holder will spend most of their time outdoors, on foot, patrolling Northfield “high street”.]
• Good general standard of education in literacy and numeracy skills
• Current SIA Door Supervisor badge, with an up to date DBS certificate
• Excellent communication skills with outstanding focus on customer service.
• Ability to manage you own workload and meet tight deadlines.
• Have experience and knowledge of working in a town centre and/or retail security setting
• Can demonstrate previous experience of working with other partners such as other security officers and police and the ability of sharing information and intelligence
• Must have discretion and display confidentiality
• Excellent verbal & written communication and skills
• Ability to build on partnership working with others that have a stake in the BID area.
• Have a “Can Do” attitude in all aspects of the job.
• Ability to think on one’s feet.
• Ability to work on one’s own and as part of a team
• Be able to use their own initiative.
• To be able to carry out “foot” patrols a large area (BID area)
Please Note: The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service [DBS] check and a full NPPV Level 2 (police vetting).
The successful candidate will earn £8.72per hour during their probationary period of 6 months of a 12-month fixed term contract. This could increase to £9 per hour based upon the successful completion of your probationary period. There is an option for the postholder to extend the contract beyond 12 months to 31st December 2021 (which will be dependent upon the successful BID renewal ballot, which will take place in Summer 2021).
The postholder will work 30 hours per week, over a 5-day week (with varying hours, depending upon the town’s business need). This may include some weekends, bank holidays and evenings. You will be entitled to 25 days annual leave and the statutory bank holidays. The BID operates a Time Off in Lieu System instead of overtime payments.
With with the BID Town Centre Manager and the BID Operations Support Officer, the postholder will be meeting one of Northfield BID's priorities in “Protecting Northfield” by providing general security and safety advice and guidance to BID businesses to ensure that the businesses see the value and worth of Northfield BID.